Class Sessions Schedule 2018-19:
includes: group music, theater & visual art classes
- Fall: September 10 – November 17 (10 weeks)
- Mini Session: November 21 – December 22 (5 weeks)
- Winter Session: January 7 – March 17 (10 weeks)
- Spring Session: March 25 – June 2 (10 weeks)
General Policies and Procedures:
- All tuition must be paid in full at the time of registration. No class enrollment is guaranteed until payment in full is received or a payment plan has been approved by the business office.
- No tuition refunds will be given after the first class is completed.
- A request for a full tuition refund prior to the start of the first class will result in a $7 fee.
- There are no discounts on the class fee or prorating for late registrations or time off during the session.
- Non-refundable drop-in rates are $15.00 per hour (or part of an hour) per class.
- Semi-private classes for 2 to 3 students can be arranged at a typical cost of $15.00 (30 min.) per student.
- If a class is canceled by the Institute, the Yocum Institute will have sole discretion to reschedule the class or issue a monetary credit for the cancellation.
- Refunds are issued if a course is canceled due to insufficient enrollment unless a credit or transfer is requested by the parent and/or student.
- A $5.00 late fee will be applied to any payment not received within 30 days of its due date.
- A $30.00 service charge will be issued for any canceled or dishonored check. All costs of collection, including reasonable attorney fees, will be charged for unpaid balances.
- Notice to withdraw from a class must be presented in writing. Forms are available at the front desk. A withdrawal is effective upon receipt.
- Multiple transfers and/or withdrawals and/or changes to schedules may result in an additional administrative fee.
- The Institute reserves the right to suspend or discontinue any student at any time due to lack of interest, extreme absence, behavior problems, tardiness, delinquency in tuition payments, or parental noncompliance with Institute policies.
Private Music/Ongoing Session Policies:
Private instruction begins the week of September 4, 2018.
Rates: Students are billed monthly for private music instruction.
NON-MEMBERS: $95/mo. (1/2 hr.) | $190/mo. (1 hr.)
MEMBERS: $90/mo. (1/2 hr.) | $180/mo. (1 hr.)
- Enrollment is ONGOING September – June
- There is an additional session offered in the summer from June-August.
- Students must register by contacting 610-376-1576 or at the front desk. Once a time and teacher has been confirmed, students will be registered and an account will be created on our Parent Portal so that families can access their account.
- Students will be automatically charged on the 15th of every month.
- The front office must be notified of a withdrawal. Automatic billing will continue to occur until a withdrawal notification is received.
- Yocum Institute has a no cancellation policy for private instruction. Our teachers have reserved a specific time for each student and it is held weekly unless a withdrawal is received. Please notify the Institute of all absences.
- Make up lessons and classes are only offered if the Institute cancels due to snow, teacher cancellation, or snow day. There will be no makeups, credits or monetary reimbursement given for student cancellation.
- The Institute reserves the right to suspend or discontinue any student at any time due to lack of interest, extreme absence, behavior, tardiness, delinquency in payments and noncompliance with Institute policies.
- Labor Day: Monday, September 3 – CLOSED
- Columbus Day: Monday, October 8 –*OPEN: 3 pm Evening classes and private music lessons will take place
- Thanksgiving: Wednesday, November 21 – Sunday, November 25 – CLOSED *OPEN: Monday, November 26, 3 pm Evening classes and private music lessons will take place
- Winter Break: Saturday, December 22 – Tuesday, January 1 – CLOSED
- Martin Luther King Day: Monday, January 21 –*OPEN: 3 pm Evening classes and private music lessons will take place
- President’s Day: Monday, February 18 – *OPEN: Monday, February 18, 3 pm| Evening classes and private music lessons will take place
- Spring Break: Thursday, April 18 – Sunday, April 20 – CLOSED
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 27 – CLOSED
- Fourth of July: Wednesday, July 4 – CLOSED
- Semester preschool tuition is due no later than August 30, 2017 for the 1st semester and January 10, 2018 for the 2nd semester.
- Monthly payment plans are available upon request and a fee of $3 per month will apply. Payments due under an approved payment plan must be paid by the first day of every month from September through May.
- Withdrawal policy: Official written notification of withdrawal from any Preschool department class must be made to the Preschool office or you will be responsible for payment of the class.
- If the student has requested to withdraw in writing after the start of classes, but prior to September 23rd, 70% of tuition will be refunded. After September 23rd, no tuition will be refunded or credited.
- No credits will be given for cancellations due to illness, weather or emergency situations.
- If the preschool/kindergarten closes due to inclement weather for more than 3 days, the additional days missed will be rescheduled.
- Tuition for Discovery is based on the total number of Discovery classes held during the course of the entire school year.
- If a day is missed for Discovery for illness or school cancellation, then it can be made up as long as there are available make-up days. The missed day must be prearranged and made up within 4 weeks.