Session Dates (include group music, theater and visual arts classes)
Fall Session 2019: September 9 – November 16 (10 weeks)Labor Day: Monday, September 2 – CLOSED | No evening lessons or classes
Columbus Day: Monday, October 14 – CLOSED FOR PRESCHOOL | * Open for lessons and classes at 3 pm
Mini Session 2019: November 18 – December 21 (5 weeks)
Winter/Holiday Break: Monday, December 23-Wednesday, January 1: CLOSED
*Open Thursday, January 2
Winter Session 2020: January 6 – March 14 (10 weeks)
- Martin Luther King Day: Monday, January 20 – CLOSED FOR PRESCHOOL | *Open for lessons and classes at 3 pm
- President’s Day, Monday, February 17 – CLOSED FOR PRESCHOOL | *Open for lessons and classes at 3 pm
Spring Session 2020: March 23 – May 30 (10 weeks)
Memorial Day: Monday, May 25 – CLOSED | No evening lessons or classes
Spring Break: Thursday, April 9 – Monday, April 13 – CLOSED | *Open Monday, April 13 for lessons and classes at 3 pm
Summer Session 2020: TBD
September 4 – May 22
*Follows the holiday schedule listed above
MUSIC PRIVATE INSTRUCTION | ONGOING SEPTEMBER –JUNE
Private instruction begins September 3
- Open enrollment | Monthly payment schedule
- Ends: June 13
First semester: Sept 9 – January 17, 2020 (15 weeks) Tentative recital dates: January 18 and 19
General Policies and Procedures:
- All tuition must be paid in full at the time of registration. No class enrollment is guaranteed until payment in full is received or a payment plan has been approved by the business office.
- No tuition refunds will be given after the first class is completed.
- There are no discounts on the class fee or prorating for late registrations or time off during a semester or a class session.
- If a class is canceled by the Yocum Institute, the Institute will have sole discretion to reschedule the class or issue a monetary credit for the cancellation.
- Refunds are issued if a course is canceled due to insufficient enrollment unless a credit or transfer is requested by the parent and/or student.
- A $25.00 late fee will be applied to any account for past due balances not received within 5 days of the due date.
- A $35.00 service charge will be issued for any canceled or dishonored check. All costs of collection, including reasonable attorney fees, will be charged for unpaid balances.
- Families who choose to opt out of recurring billing for ongoing classes will have a $5 monthly administrative fee added to accounts.
- Notice to withdraw from a class must be presented in writing. Withdrawal Forms are available at the front desk. Accounts for ongoing billing will continued to be billed until a Withdrawal Form is received. Withdrawals are from the date a form is submitted, they are not retroactive. Families will be responsible for any payments due until the form is received by our office.
- Multiple transfers and/or withdrawals and/or changes to schedules may result in an additional administrative fee.
- The Institute reserves the right to suspend or discontinue any student at any time due to lack of interest, extreme absence, behavior problems, tardiness, delinquency in tuition payments, or parental noncompliance with Institute policies.
- Yocum Institute has a no cancellation policy for private instruction. Our teachers have reserved a specific time for each student and the teacher will be here whether a student attends the lesson or not. Please notify the Institute of all absences.