Help us continue to connect and enrich our community through the arts. It all starts here.
This year the Yocum Institute for Arts Education is celebrating 85 years of bringing the arts to Berks County. With countless off-site programs in schools, libraries, and more, our in-house operations and outreach in the community grow each year, but so does the need for support.
Through the support of donors like you, our programs can reach lives throughout our community and beyond. This year alone, the Yocum Institute brought education in and through the arts to thousands. Contributing to the Yocum Institute is not only supporting an organization dedicated to improving quality of life through the arts, but it’s also an investment in our community, especially the lives of children.
Your generosity has helped the Yocum Institute become a cultural resource that enhances the vibrancy of Berks County. Make your donation today and support our continued work!
Why Education In And Through The Arts?
- In 2018, $35,000 in STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS were awarded to students for on-site programming.
- In a continued partnership with Berks Mental Health, the TEEN THEATER SCHOLARSHIP ENSEMBLE performed a piece on teen suicide prevention that has been by seen by over 10,000 middle and high school students and faculty.
- In the 2018-19 academic year 475 3rd and 4th grade students in the Reading School District participated in NEIGHBORHOOD BRIDGES, a critical literacy program, co-taught each week by a teaching artist and the classroom teacher.
- ART GOES TO SCHOOL, a program sponsored by the Yocum Institute and facilitated by trained volunteers, took art appreciation directly into the classroom for 3,800 elementary school students in 2018.
- 89% OF INCOME TO THE YOCUM INSTITUTE goes directly towards program services.
Donations of any size have a big impact.
Here are examples of several ways you can show your support …
- Donate through your retirement account and designate your Required Minimum Distribution as a tax-free gift to the Yocum Institute.
- With a few simple steps, you can direct a small percentage of your Amazon purchases to the Yocum Institute through Amazon Smile.
- Set-up a planned gift to the Yocum Institute through your will or estate plan.
- Many companies match charitable donations made by their employees and, in some cases, also retirees. Contact your employer to determine if your contribution is eligible for a match!
- Become a volunteer
- Sponsor a production
- Contribute to our Scholarship Fund
To learn more contact the Yocum Institute’s Executive Director, Susan Rohn, at 610.376.1576 ext. 203 or SRohn@YocumInstitute.org