It’s Prime Day, Tuesday, July 11! Prime Day will feature more than 100,000 deals exclusively for Prime members, making it one of the biggest shopping days of the year. Don’t forget, if you shop at smile.amazon.com – Amazon will donate to Yocum Institute For Arts Education.
Missed Prime Day? Don’t worry – you can still donate to the Yocum Institute year round with AmazonSmile.
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers at no addition cost to you!
Here’s how it works:
- Go to http://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-
- Use your existing Amazon login and password
- Start shopping!
- AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to Yocum Institute for Arts Education
Please note that only purchases made at smile.amazon.com are eligible for donations, not amazon.com. It may be helpful to bookmark smile.amazon.com on your web browser to ensure that all purchases you make will be counted towards Yocum.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get shopping!
Think Long Term for our community.
The Arts have a proven impact on participants’ academic success and human development.
- Sharpen communication skills
- Develop creative problem solvers (in this world we need that skill more and more)
- Students who participate in the arts do better academically
- Provide positive outlets to express connections, creativity and ideas
Why give to the Yocum Institute for Arts Education?
- The Yocum Institute annually reaches 25,000 individuals throughout Berks County
- 80% under age of 14
- 50% who struggle
- 70% are reached within their local community: school, library, after-school programs, parks, etc.
- 89 cents of every dollar goes directly to program services
- We employ 55 part-time teaching artists. Statistically 95% of the income received by artists goes directly back into our community
Why give? When you give to the Yocum Institute for Arts Education, you are giving positively to the growth and development of the entire Berks County Community.
Thank you for keeping the arts alive this holiday season and year round!